Cytonix hydrophobic coatings are designed for many applications including:
- Printed circuit board coatings to rugadize smartphones
- Metal mesh and PTFE membranes in venting devices
- Surfaces on hearing aids, pipette tips and microfluidic devices
- Antenna and radomes where surface water and ice formation reduces performance
Cytonix water repellent treatments reduce or eliminate adhesion of biofluids, DNA and most other contaminants and prevent fouling.
Properties of Cytonix hydrophobic treatments include:
- Nano coatings that covalently bond to surfaces that are less than 10 nanometers thick and completely transparent
- UV-curable coatings that are hard or flexible, transparent or colored. These adhere to metal, glass, ceramic, plastic, and painted.
- Additives that make other materials like plastic, paints and UV-curable materials hydrophobic and superhydrophobic. These surfactants are used at very low levels and are self-healing coatings and surface treatments.
- Inks, paints and coatings with very low surface energy that repel water, ice and chemicals.
- Hard shell coatings that prevent oxidation and corrosion.
Many of Cytonix hydrophobic coatings are also oleophobic. These coatings are very easy to apply and often requires no expensive capital equipment.
Featured hydrophobic treatments include:
- CytoPel 500: This is a hydrophobic nano coating that is very easy to apply and dries in less than 60 seconds. This adheres well to plastic, metal, glass or composite surfaces. Thin films repel biofluids, water, fat, DNA, etc. [Order Sample]
- MicroCure DTO 6: This is a hydrophobic hard shell coating that adheres to painted surfaces, plastic, metal, and glass. This coating is repels water, ice, stains and prevents oxidative and corrosion damage [order sample].
- CytoSyl 3750: This is a coating formulated for glass-like surfaces. It covalently bonds to glass and permanently makes surfaces omniphobic. This coating is currently used on smartphone touchscreen glass for its' anti-smudge easy clean properties. [Order Sample]
- CytoCryl 7298: This is an additive for UV-curable materials that makes coatings oleophobic. It is used at 2% of total solids, creating surfaces that are easy to clean and resistant to water, earwax, urine, smudges, etc. [Order Sample]
Hydrophobic treatments for any surface oxide rich surface: The CytoSyl hydrophobic treatment option creates a durable and hydrophobic surface. CytoSyl water contact angles before treatment and after abrasion on glass can be as high as 110 degrees.
Abrasion resistant hydrophobic treatments: Third party independent testing has shown that Cytonix hydrophobic treatment options are durable, scalable and very high performance. When properly applied and cured, CytoSyl 3750 is able to repel most materials after over 5000 rubs with 0000 steel wool. CytoSyl when applied by dipping or spraying out-performs vacuum applied CytoSyl and competitive materials quite easily.
Hydrophobic treatments for displays:
- Smartphone and computer touch displays
- Projection displays for LCDs, plasma, etc.
- OEM applications
- Optical components of video systems
Hydrophobic treatments for electronics:
- Ink repellency
- Inkjet printer nozzles
- Stainless steel components
- Microfluidic device barriers, channels and wells
- Antiwetting and non-stick applications
Hydrophobic treatments for optics industry:
- Eye glasses, sunglasses and other consumer optics
- microscope, camera and scope lenses
- Sapphire and gorilla glass
- Goggles for industrial applications
Hydrophobic surface modifiers for industrial applications:
- Metal and stainless-steel treatments
- Mesh treatments
- Pipe and canal surface modifiers
- Tin and chrome plated metal parts
- Blood and body fluid repellents
- Surface modifiers for guide wires, wave guides and braces
- Oil repellent treatments for gas, smoke and oil sensors and detectors
Hydrophobic coatings for consumer goods:
- Stainless steel appliances and devices
- Household appliances
- Blades, needles and other cutting tools
- Wipes and sprays for oil repellents
- Jewelry treatments for easy cleaning
Cytonix hydrophobic and superhydrophobic coatings are compatible with many substrates including the following:
- Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)
WHY CYTONIX COATINGS:
- Hydrophobic coatings from 7 nanometers to 25 micrometers
- Hydrophobic and ultra-hydrophobic additives that can form self-healing surface modifiers
- Flexible application methods
- Abrasion resistant or easy to re-work treatments
- Treatments for glass, metal, plastics, etc.
- Easy and cost-effective scale up
- Non-hazardous treatment options
- Functionalize pigments and also micro and nano particles
- Many application methods including dipping, spraying, printing, meter-rod, etc.