Cytonix oleophobic treatments are designed for many applications including:
- Frequently handled surfaces such as touchscreens on smartphones
- Porous devices such as membranes and mesh on oil and gas sensors or speaker and microphone grills
- Medical device surfaces such as those on hearing aids, guide wires, wave guides and lenses on scopes
Many of these surfaces are hard to clean and contamination smudges can reduce performance. Cytonix oil repellent treatments are omniphobic and reduce or eliminate adhesion of oil, fat, food, saliva, fingerprints, blood, DNA and most other contaminants.
Properties of Cytonix oleophobic treatments include:
- Nano coatings that are abrasion resistant and covalently bond to surfaces
- Coatings that less than 10 nanometers thick and completely transparent
- UV-curable coatings that are hard or flexible, transparent or colored.
- Surface treatments for metal, glass, ceramic or plastic.
- Additives that make other materials like plastic, paints and UV-curable materials water, oil and stain repellent.
- Fluorosurfactants and surfactants that are used at very low levels and form self-healing coatings and surface modifiers.
Many of Cytonix oleophobic coatings are also hydrophobic. These anti-smudge coatings are very easy to apply and often requires no expensive capital equipment. If your devices may benefit from repellency to oils, water, solvents, biofluids and other materials, Cytonix surface modification treatments should work for you.
Featured oleophobic treatments include:
- FluoroPel 800: This is a oleophobic nano coating that is very easy to apply and dries in less than 60 seconds. This adheres well to plastic, metal, glass or composite surfaces. Thin films repel oil, water, fat, DNA, etc. [More information or order sample]
- FluoroSyl 3750: This is a coating formulated for glass-like surfaces. It covalently bonds to glass and permanently makes surfaces omniphobic. This coating is currently used on smartphone touchscreen glass for its' anti-smudge easy clean properties. [More information or order sample]
- FluorAcryl 7298: This is an additive for UV-curable materials that makes coatings oleophobic. It is used at 2% of total solids, creating surfaces that are easy to clean and resistant to oil, water, fingerprints, smudges, etc. [More information or order sample]
- MicroCure DTO 40: This is coating formulated for metal surfaces such as stencils. MicroCure covalently bonds surfaces and make the surface non-stick. Treated surface are repellent to inks, paints, oils, etc. [More information or order sample]
Oleophobic treatments for any surface: The FluoroSyl and OilSlip oleophobic treatment options create durable and very oleophobic surfaces. Figure 1 shows the performance of omniphobic FluoroSyl as measured by motor oil contact angles before treatment and after abrasion on glass.
Abrasion resistant oleophobic treatments: Third party independent testing has shown that Cytonix oleophobic treatment options are durable, scalable and very high performance. When properly applied and cured, FluoroSyl 3750 is able to repel oil and most other materials after over 5000 rubs with 0000 steel wool. FluoroSyl when applied by dipping or spraying out-performs vacuum applied FluoroSyl and competitive materials quite easily.
Oleophobic treatments for displays:
- Smartphone and computer touchscreens
- Projector displays
- Video system optical components
Oleophobic treatments for printing:
- Ink repellency
- Inkjet printer nozzles
- Stainless steel components
- Antiwetting and non-stick applications
Oleophobic treatments for optics industry:
- Eye glasses, sunglasses and other consumer optics
- microscope, camera and scope lenses
- Sapphire and gorilla glass
- Goggles for industrial applications
Oleophobic surface modifiers for industrial applications:
- Metal and stainless-steel treatments
- Mesh treatments
- Pipe and canal surface modifiers
- Tin and chrome plated metal parts
- Blood and body fluid repellents
- Surface modifiers for guide wires, wave guides and braces
- Oil repellent treatments for gas, smoke and oil sensors and detectors
- Microfluidic device barriers, channels and wells
- Lab on a chip device coatings
Oleophobic coatings for consumer goods:
- Stainless steel appliances and devices
- Household appliances
- Blades, needles and other cutting tools
- Wipes and sprays for oil repellents
- Jewelry treatments for easy cleaning
Cytonix oleophobic coatings are compatible with many substrates including the following:
- Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)
WHY CYTONIX COATINGS:
- Oleophobic coatings from 7 nanometers to 25 micrometers
- Oleophobic additives that can form self-healing surface modifiers
- Flexible application methods
- Abrasion resistant or easy to re-work treatments
- Treatments for glass, metal, plastics, etc.
- Easy and cost-effective scale up
- Non-hazardous treatment options
- Prototyping and laboratory services assistance
- Functionalize pigments and also micro and nano particles
- Many application methods including dipping, spraying, printing, meter-rod, etc.